Services & Costs
Choices. Choices. Choices.
Here is a list of all that is included in the monthly fee for our Independent residents. Perhaps you will find your something better here:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Dollar Program
- Included: (about 15 Meals per month – Flexible)
- Your Choice: Add as many meals as you like
- Boxed Lunches
- Special Occasion Catering
- Electric/ Gas
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Trash Removal
- TV (160 Channels) Included in Courtyard Homes
- Telephone & Internet Included in Courtyard Homes
Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Bi-Weekly Housekeeping
- Annual Deep Cleaning
- Interior Maintenance & Preventive Maintenance
- Exterior Maintenance
- Landscaping & Lawn Care
- Additional Housekeeping Services (additional service)
- Laundry / Linen Services (additional service)
- Personal Maintenance Services (additional service)
- Home Customization
- Front Desk Concierge Services
- Assistance with Insurance and Medicare Paperwork
- Van Transportation to Local Stores
- 24-Hour Emergency Response System
- Daily Safety Checks
- Night Security Service
- Personal, Non-Scheduled Transportation (additional service)
Health & Personal Care
- Caring Trained Staff available 24 Hours a Day
- Health Clinic Nurse
- Out-Patient Rehab Services
- In-Home Nursing Services and Wound Care
- Beauty Salon and Barber Services
- Access to Pool and Fitness Center
- Activities; Fitness Programs
- Social; Recreational Programs
- Ample Parking
Like almost all non-profit communities, Atherton uses an Entrance Fee and a Monthly Fee. The entrance fee is an amount that is paid when you become a resident to ensure Our Promise that you never need to worry you will exhaust your assets or require more care than you can afford.
- The amount is based on the type of entrance fee plan, the type of home you choose on campus, the size of the home you choose, and the number of people who will be residents.
- Presently, Atherton entrance fees start at $125,000. Second person entrance fee is $20,000.
- We have several types of entrance fees to fit your financial goals. Our refundable plan provides a safety net over a four year period. Repayable plans guarantee that a specified portion of your entrance fee will be returned to you or go into your estate when your Atherton residency ends; whenever that occurs and for whatever reason.
- Monthly Fees are based on the type of home you choose on campus, the size of the home you choose, and the number of people who will be residents.
- These fees include much more than rent; they cover the lifestyle, maintenance, safety features, utilities, some meals, and programming (See above for everything included in Independent living).