CCRC (Life Plan Community)
Every Continuing Care Retirement Community (also known as a Life Plan Community) has levels of care, places to live, and campus amenities. These form the foundation for the quality, staff, activities, and residents which give each community its distinctive feel.
Atherton has all three levels of care an amazing variety of well-appointed places to live, and comfortable, resident-centered amenities:
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing
In technical jargon: we are an entrance fee, Type C, fee-for- service community. In everyday language: Atherton is a nurturing place to plan a fulfilling future.
Senior Living with an Intentional Interest in You
- Promise: To meet your changing needs; even if you outlive your assets.
- Legacy: Over 100 years of serving from the heart.
- Homes: Many options that are nicely appointed, spacious, and customizable: places you can call Home.
- Community: Common areas, gathering places, beautiful grounds, and resident-friendly amenities give you a welcoming feel. There is nothing institutional about Atherton!
- Care: Every resident is special. You have your history, needs, dreams, and preferences. Atherton is not an assembly line; it is a living organization where everyone matters. You will too.
Every choice requires us to weigh the clear improvements in light of the necessary losses. After all, why move unless it is a clear change to a better future? Many have found that a CCRC or Life Plan Community offers the clear improvements they want. Check out some of these below. The bottom line is: What matters to you?
Find your Happy Thought…HINT: It won’t be to live in an “institution.” Every senior has a choice to make about their future: Will I allow my life to narrow and shrink with the passage of time, the piling-up of losses, and the practicality of physical limitations? OR will I push against those realities to make a wider, better future?
John was a retired postal employee when he came to Atherton. He discovered that he had an amazing gift for watercolor painting. His stunning paintings, which are showcased in our Dining Room reflect his spirit and love for life. John found his “happy thought” and he soared into an adventure that continues to enrich our Atherton Community.
List of Atherton Amentities
Arts & Crafts Room
Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
Brimson Gardens Picnic Pavilion
Business & Computer Center
Clothing & Linen Boutiques
Community Vegetable Garden
Grandma’s Basement Shop
House of Jewelry
Koike Fitness Center
The Kresge Dining Room
Multi-Purpose Activity & Meeting Rooms
Private Dining Room
Thompson Heated Indoor Pool and Spa
Puzzles, Ping Pong & Billiards Room
Sam B. West Health Care Center
With about 75 different floor plans, there is a size and view for almost everyone. There is nothing cookie-cutter about Atherton and we have 5 apartment buildings as well as duplexes, triplexes, cottages, houses, and condos. Nearly every option has a balcony or patio.
The varied living options have even impressed the children of our Atherton residents. Watch what they had to say.
Atherton @ Home
Everyone needs a little help sometimes. But it’s still your life, and your choices matter. Assisted Living means helping with your day-to-day needs so you can stay as self-directed as possible. Our nurses and certified nursing assistants are on staff 24 hours a day, and they love to serve; but we only provide assistance as needed.
Assisted Living Always Includes:
- An initial evaluation and a specialized service plan based on listening to you
- Daily Wellness checks
- Three meals a day with table service
- Special diets accommodated
- Case management including communication with your doctor(s) and your family and coordination of services
- Medication management, ordering and deliveries
- 24 hour staff available as needed
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- All Utilities
- Comprehensive wellness program
- Access to onsite skilled nursing and rehabilitation services
Assisted Living Can Also Include:
- Supervision and assistance with activities of daily living including: dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, and ambulating
- Personal care assistance
- Dietary consultation and planning
- Meal deliveries (for illness)
- Daily bed-making
- Escort assistance to and from dining rooms and other community areas
- Concierge Services
- Respite Care
- This is where you will find our 32 Assisted Living apartments in 3 sizes:
- Villa Studio (One room)
- Villa Deluxe (2 Rooms)
- Villa Grande (2 Large Rooms)
All Villa homes include television hook-up (160 channels), telephone, wi-fi, private bath, Corian counters, wall-to wall carpeting, window treatments, and ample closet space.
Many would be completely surprised to discover how vibrant and happy folks can be when surrounded by smiling, caring supporters; sunny, clean accommodations; opportunities for fun and fellowship; and the best of care. That is what they would receive at the Sam B. West Health Care Center. Atherton’s health care center is located on-site in our community where residents stay near friends and family, whatever they need, we offer.
– Short-Term Rehab
– Respite Care
– Long-term care
– Palliative care