Follow the below recipe for Atherton’s Presidential Pie:
2.5 ozs. unsalted butter
3 ozs. brown sugar
1 unbaked frozen high-top apple pie
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt butter, cool
- Pour butter over brown sugar in a mixing bowl while beating. Beat 2-4 min.
- Remove pie pan from appe pie and place man upright on tray
- Spread 1/2 cup brown sugar mixture evenly in the bottom of hte pan (not on sides). Sprinkle 3/4 cup walnuts evenly over mixture
- Replace frozen pie in its original position and gently press into the mixture.
- Thaw overnight in the fridge
- The next day, bake on a tray in a 300 degree convection oven for 1 hr 40 min until internal temp reaches 160 dgrees and crust is golden brown
- As soon as you remove from oven, flip the pie into an iron skillet. Serve warm