Whether it’s for a family meal or a summer celebration, this recipe for Atherton’s signature “Presidential Pie” is sure to be delicious favorite. And, it’s surprisingly easy to make! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2.5oz. unsalted butter
- 3oz. brown sugar
- 1 unbaked frozen high-top apple pie
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt butter, cool.
- Pour butter over brown sugar in a mixing bowl while beating. Beat 2-4 minutes.
- Remove pie pan from apple pie and place pan upright on tray.
- Spread 1/2 cup brown sugar mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan (not on sides). Sprinkle 3/4 cup walnuts evenly over mixture.
- Replace frozen pie in its original position and gently press it into the mixture.
- Thaw overnight in fridge.
- The next day, bake on tray in a 300° convection oven for 1 hr 40 min until internal temp reaches 160° and crust is golden brown.
- As soon as you remove from oven, flip the pie into an iron skillet. Serve warm.